So, today Ana is three weeks old.It seems AGES ago that she was born.
In these last few weeks she has brought about such a change in our lives, and in our key skills set! I wonder which of us is undergoing the steepest learning curve - Ana, or La and I?
Ana is getting to be a bit more predictable, but by no means is she a clockwork baby. Cute none the less. Thankfully, she is feeding really well now, sleeping tolerably well, and really chubbing up! She persists in being lady-like and not wanting to burp. Instead she loves to hiccup - probably as a result of her guzzling behaviour!
I think a part of getting used to having a baby is expectation management. If you don't expect the baby to sleep through the night at three weeks, you won't be (as) upset when you are woken up at 11, 1, 3 and 6! Those nights when she only wakes up once or twice, then, are beautiful bonuses!

No comments:
Post a Comment