Sunday, November 25, 2007

Maybe we should have called her Sally...

Our lovely little bean is no longer so little, in fact, at just over 10 months, she is wearing clothes for 18 month olds! Our 'long tall Sally' stands currently at 74 cm tall for those of you with wall charts keeping track of her progress.

Can we have a vote please, Tim thinks I made up the saying 'long tall Sally', and is worried people may think we regret calling her Ana. May I say this is not the case. Have you heard the saying?

Oh, and the exciting news of the day is we've had our first on-line jewellery sale - yay!!! And we're booked in to sell at a Christmas craft fair in a few weeks - exciting!

P.S. Lara is so tired that she put a half-eaten avocado in the kitchen drawer the other day and almost tried to put the clingfilm in the fridge before the hygiene police stepped in.

(I'm the hygiene police - Gav - I bet you'd never have guessed that!)

(For those of you who don't know Gav, germs die on sight of him. He cleaned up after the cleaners in college.)
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ive never heard it, sorry Lara!!
Simon

Anonymous said...

I did indeed. Tim, I'm impressed.

Sorry Lara, I've not come across that saying, although I do think Sally is a nice name!

Anonymous said...

Long tall Sally is indeed a fairly famous phrase, and it is also a clothing brand/shop for taller ladies. :) Zoe

T S Farewell said...

Grrr....

Anonymous said...

Long Tall Sally was made VERY famous as a phrase by a fairly well known pop group ...... THE BEATLES! www.recmusicbeatles.com/public/files/awp/ltsep.html has a good write up. Note previous version by Little Richard et al. I know 1963 was a long time ago, but really, what do they teach children nowadays?
Nigel (old enough)

Anonymous said...

Further to the above, I've now found a recording of the Beatles performing Long Tall Sally. Not one of their better songs, really, not a positive memory song! Nigel

Jeni said...

Hi Lara,

My mum used to buy clothes from Long Tall Sally! When she was tall - before the task of being a granny made her shrink!!!
Jeni