Monday, February 09, 2009

Our car

Nigel is great at finding us vehicles which work. We neglect them and yet they keep going... Today though, I was in a rush to get home in time for supper - so I ran to the car, blipped the locks and got in. Something was not right with the car - you know when you get that odd feeling... Well, the seat had been moved forwards.

And it didn't quite smell right - as if someone had been smoking in our car... and there was an empty bottle of drink in the passenger seat footwell. It just was not as I had left it. I looked around. The car seats had gone too!

And then it dawned on me... I was in the wrong car.

With amazing speed, I leapt from the stationary vehicle, spotted my car, a few cars over, got in that and drove away.

I wonder now, how confused the owner of the other silver Avensis will be when they get in their car, and find the seat pushed back all the way...
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But did the plipper lock/unlock the other car? Or was it left unlocked anyway?

T S Farewell said...

I think the car was unlocked anyway as I don't remember hearing it click, and it certainly didn't lock afterwards (I tried).